Monday, October 26, 2009

disillusionment

That's what they call the stage of teaching that I've just sunk further into. I'm trying to straighten things out with my fourth period class which has gone haywire, and not be so tough on myself at the same time. I just need to remember that I will not let down those students who come each day to class to learn.
It's been a tough couple weeks. I'm expecting it to follow suit in the next few weeks. It's just that time of year: we've been teaching for three months straight and I swear if anyone tells me "it's not that bad, you get summer's off" they'll find themselves in a very uncomfortable position: bent over with my foot up their...
Anyway, I've done some grading tonight and I have a good feel about tomorrow. I just need to make up an exam and review for Spanish I and figure out what we're doing for Día de los muertos. ¡Uy!
Well off to bed, so I can not feel like I've been hit by a train.

No comments:

Post a Comment