Saturday, October 10, 2009

9 weeks and counting...

Well, it's been a screaming fast, crazy ride so far. I've made it through 9 weeks with some compliments and some challenging situations. But I think I've handled it well.
I'm really looking forward to the beginning of next semester so I can structure my classes a bit differently than they are now. I'm going to have the kids make up their own rules and punishments. I had my fourth period do that today, and I hope it makes a difference. They're my little guinea pig group. woo.
But it's the weekend. Time to relax and forget about all that I do during the week. Which is tough when I wake up during the night fretting about what I messed up or didn't do. I'll learn to cope though. It's a tough job. A lot tougher than anyone that hasn't done it before knows or can appreciate. But I'm greatful for my internship which I feel prepared me pretty well and as well for my long-term sub position which gave me a taste of what it is to have my own classroom.
I'm excited to start knitting more as it gets colder out and spending more time outside. I just don't really like the hot like I do the cold. It's something about how it feels when you breathe in the air.
Well I've gotta go hit up the gym a bit today and open a savings account... so off I go.

No comments:

Post a Comment